The Feeling of Jazz – The Jazz Stars Play the Compositions of Harry Warren, 09-04-2022
The Feeling of Jazz, Program No. 469 airing September 4, 2022 featured the Jazz Giants playing the compositions of Harry Warren (born Salvatore Antonio Guaragna; December 24, 1893 – September 22, 1981) in music presented by co-host Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Al Corns featured other main stream jazz artists like Count Basie, Scott Hamilton, Russ Freeman and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist, Album (Record Label), Composer, Time length
1. There Will Never Be Another You, Art Pepper, One September Afternoon (Galaxy), Harry Warren, 6:09 min.
2. I Had the Craziest Dream, Kenny Dorham, Quiet Keny (New Jazz), Harry Warren, 4:38 min.
3. I'll String Alon With You, Sonny Rollins, Dancing in the Dark (Milestone), Harry Warren, 4:41 min.
4. Would You Like to Take a Walk, Leroy Vinnegar, Leroy Walks (Contemporary), Harry Warren, 6:52 min.
5. Shadow Waltz, Zoot Sims, Zoot Sims Meets Jimmy Rowles (Pablo), Harry Warren, 5:30 min.
6. Festival Blues (jam session), Count Basie, The Best of Count Basie (Pablo 1980), (ensemble), 12:02 min.
7. Ill Wind, Scott Hamilton, A Good Wind Blowing Us No Ill (Concord 1977), Harold Arlen-Ted Koehler, 4:00 min.
9 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist, Album (Record Label), Composer, Time length
1. Summertime, Big Band Led by Bill Potts, The Jazz Soul of Porgy and Bess (United Artists 1959), George Gershwin, 3:04 min.
2. Brother Can You Spare a Dime?, Russ Freeman-Bill Perkins, West Coast Jazz Volume III (Jazztone 1957), Yip Harburg-J. Gorney, 2:49 min.
3. You're Getting to be a Habit With Me, Shelly Manne, The West Coast Sounds (Contemporary), Harry Warren, 3:10 min.
4. My Funny Valentine, Art Farmer-Benny Golson, Big City Sounds (Argo 1961), Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart, 4:33 min.
5. Cuban Trombones, Jazztone Mystery Band, Jazztone 1957 (Jazztone 1957), G. Theselius, 3:15 min.
6. You'll Never Know, Red Garland, Bright and Breezy (Jazzland), Harry Warren, 5:26 min.
7. Love Me Pretty Baby, Modern Jazz Quartet, The Modern Jazz Quartet (Savoy 1956), Dizzy Gillespie, 3:39 min.
8. Nagasaki, Barney Kelly-Ray Brown-Shelly Manne, The Poll Winners (Contemporary), Harry Warren, 3:04 min.
9. Love's Away, Ben Webster, Ben Webster with Strings (Verve 1956), Ben Webster, 3:19 min.
10. I Only Have Eyes For You, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, I Only Have Eyes For You (Prestige 1962), Harry Warren, 5:14 min.
11. Look Out, Stanley Turrentine, Look Out (Blue Note 1960), Stanley Turrentine, 7:13 min.