The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Duke Ellington's "Stockpile"
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 250 airing October 23, 2022 (original airdate May 1, 2016) featured a spotlight Duke Ellington's [Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington; (April 29, 1899 – May 24, 1974)] private recording collection, also known as "The Stockpile," in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee featured music by artists like Dave Brubeck, Coleman Hawkins, Art Blakey and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Stompin' at the Savoy, Duke Ellington; Dance Concerts, California 1958/Vol. 2; Edgar Sampson, 5:29 min.
2. In Your Own Sweet Way, Dave Brubeck, Dave Brubeck's Greatest Hits, D. Brubeck, 4:58 min.
3. Just Scratchin' the Surface, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, Chicago, 1956/Vol. 1; Ellington, 3:06 min.
4. Just a Gigolo, Coleman Hawkins, The Hawk Relaxes, Caesar-Casucci-Brammer, 5:04 min.
5. September 12th Blues, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, New York, 1962/Vol. 3; Ellington, 5:05 min.
6. Carol's Interlude, Art Blakey, The Jazz Messengers, H. Blakey, 5:33 min.
7. July 18th Blues, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, New York, 1963/Vol. 4; Ellington, 5:33 min.
8. Blues For Lucky Lovers, Benny Carter All-Star Sax Ensemble, Over The Rainbow, Benny Carter, 5:38 min.
9. C Jam Blues, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection, Volume Six, Dance Dates, California 1958; Ellington, 5:33 min.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Swingin' at Newport, Count Basie, Count Basie at Newport, Ernie Wilkins, 8:29 min.
2. Blues A La Willie Look, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection, Volume Seven, Studio Sessions 1957 & 1962; Ellington, 4:02 min.
3. Walking The Dog, Jack McDuff, B-3in' Organ Jazz, J. McDuff, 9:08 min.
4. Now Ain't It?, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection, Volume Eight, Studio Sessions - 1957, 1965, 1966, 1967 - San Francisco/Chicago/New York; Ellington, 4:16 min.
5. Nixon, Dixon and Yates Blues; Paul Chambers, Chambers' Music, (improvisation), 8:26 min.
6. Harmony In Harlem, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, New York, 1963/Vol. 4; Ellington-Hodges, 4:21 min.
7. It Never Entered My Mind, Miles Davis, Side Man - Jazz Classic From the Broadway Play; Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart, 4:01 min.
8. Love You Madly, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, Chicago, 1956/Vol. 1; Ellington, 3:22 min.
9. Rhythm Riff #127, Scot Hamilton & Friends; Blues, bop & ballads; Scott Hamilton; 7:03 min.