The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Duke Ellington's "Stockpile"
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 249 airing October 16, 2022 (original airdate April 24, 2016) featured a spotlight on Duke Ellington's [Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington; (April 29, 1899 – May 24, 1974)] private recording collection, also known as "The Stockpile," in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee featured music by artists like Al Cohn, Zoot Sims, Joey DeFrancesco and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Sandy's Swing, Al Cohn-Zoot Sims, From A to Z, Milty Gold, 3:23 min.
2. March 19th Blues, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection, Stdio Sesions, Chicago Vol. 1; Duke Ellington, 5:16 min.
3. Falling in Love With Love, Joey DeFrancesco, Joey DeFrancesco Plays Sinatra His Way, R. Rodgers-L. Hart, 5:19 min.
4. Stompy Jones, Duke Elington; Dan Concerts, California 1958; Duke Ellington, 3:37 min.
5. Bill, John Bunch-Bucky Pizzarelli-Jay Leonhart-Dennis Mackrel, New York Swing Tributes Jerome Kern, Jerome Kern, 4:14 min.
6. "G" is for Grove, Duke Ellinton; Studio Sessions, New York, 1962 Vol. 3; Ellington, 4:17 min.
7. Broadway, Scott Hamilton, Is a Good Wind Who is Blowing us No Ill, William Henri Woode-Teddy McRae-Bill Bird, 4:19 min.
8. Jeep's Blues, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, New York, 1963 Vol. 4; Ellington-Hodges, 4:09 min.
9. This Can't Be Love, Diana Krall (v), Stepping Out: The Early Recordings; Rodgers-Hart, 4:27 min.
10. Juniflip, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection - Dance Dates, California 1958; Ellington, 4:39 min.
11. Bridging The Blues, Barney Kessel, It's a Blue World, Kessel, 9:50 min.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Circle Blues, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection, Vol. 7 Studio Sessions 1957 & 1962; Ellington, 5:45 min.
2. I'll Close My Eyes, Jimmy Smith, Organ Grinder Swing, Gordon William Reid-Buddy Kaye, 3:17 min.
3. Rhythm Section Blues, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection, Vol. 8 Studio Sessions 1957, 1965, 1966, 1967, San Francisco/Chicago/New York; Ellington, 3:09 min.
4. Money Penny Goes For Broke, Cal Tjader-Burt Bacharach, Sounds Out, B. Bacharach-H. David, 2:49 min.
5. Uncontrived, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, Chicago, 1956/Vol. 1; Duke Ellington, 5:13 min.
6. Will You Still Be Mine, Howard Roberts, Good Pickin's, Matt Dennis-Thomas Adair, 4:22 min.
7. Main Stem, Duke Ellington; Dance Concerts, California, 1958/Vol. 2; Ellington, 3:26 min.
8. You and the Night and the Music, Jimmy Giuffre, The Complete Small Group Sessions, 1947-1953, Vol. 2, 1953; Dietz-Schwartz, 3:12 min.
9. Like Late, Duke Ellington; Studio Sessions, New York, 1962/ Vol. 3; Ellington, 3:41 min.
10. How About You? Stan Getz, Best of West Coast Sessions, Lane/Hyman-Kushner/Freed, 7:08 min.
11. When I'm Feeling Kinda Blue, Duke Ellington; The Private Collection, Vol. 8, Studio Sessions 1957, 1965, 1966, 1967, San Francisco/Chicago/New York; Ellington, 5:50 min.