The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Ken Peplowski, 04-03-2022
The Feeling of Jazz, Program No. 451 airing April 3, 2022 featured a spotlight on American jazz clarinetist and tenor saxophonist Ken Peplowski (born May 23, 1959 in Cleveland, OH), in music presented by co-host Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Al Corns featured other main stream jazz artists like Jake Hanna, Flip Phillips, Art Farmer and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. Steppin' With Peps, Ken Peplowski & Friends, Steppin' With Peps (Concord), Randy Sandke, 3:41 min.
2. You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To, Jake Hanna, Jake Hanna and His After Hours Gang (Arbors Records, 1998), Cole Porter, 6:46 min.
3. Nobody's Sweetheart, 'Shoeless' John Jackson Quartet, A Tribute to Benny Goodman (Progressive), Schoebel, et al, 5:29 min.
4. Flip The Whip, Flip Phillips, Swing Is the Thing (Verve, 2000), Flip Phillips, 5:01 min.
5. Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead, Ken Peplowski Quartet, Sensitive to the Touch (LRC), Harold Arlen, 4:02 min.
6. Work of Art, Art Farmer, The Music of Harold Arlen - Work of Art (New Jazz, 1965), Art Farmer-Quincy Jones, 5:41 min.
7. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Ken Peplowski Quintet, Illuminations (Concord), Harold Arlen-Ted Kohler, 6:46 min.
8. You, Howard Aldon-Ken Peplowski, Encore! (Concord Jazz), Walter Donelson, 10:08 min.
9 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. I Can't Get Started With You, Oscar Peterson-Lester Young, The President Plays with the Oscar Peterson Trio (Norgran, 1956), Vernon Duke-Ira Gershwin, 3:40 min.
2. I Can't Give You Anything But Love, The President Plays with the Oscar Peterson Trio (Norgran, 1956), Jimmy McHugh-Dorothy Fields, 3:23 min.
3. The Best Thing For You, Ken Peplowski, Noir Blue (Capri Records), Irving Berlin, 4:28 min.
4. Washboard Blues, Art Hodes, Selections From The Gutter (Storyville 1973), Hoagy Carmichael, 4:39 min.
5. Among My Souvenirs, Ken Peplowski & Friends, Steppin' With Peps (Concord), Leslie-Nicholis, 6:26 min.
6. Move, Art Pepper, Art Pepper + 11 (Contemporary, 1959), Denzil Best, 3:23 min.
7. What a Little Moonlight Can Do, 'Shoeless' John Jackson Quartet, A Tribute to Benny Goodman (Progressive), Harry Woods, 5:12 min.
8. You Go To My Head, Barney Kessel-Ray Brown-Shelly Manne, The Poll Winners (Contemporary, 1957), J. Fred Coots-Haven (Dizzy) Gillespie, 4:20 min.
9. Let's Fall In Love, Ken Peplowski-Grady Tate-Jay Leonhart-Ted Rosenthal, Sensitive to the Touch (LRC), Harold Arlen, 5:40 min.
10. Pony Tail, Count Basie Orchestra, Basie Plays Hefti (Roulette, 1958), Neil Hefti, 3:01 min.