The Feeling of Jazz – The Jazz Stars Play the Jerome Kern Songbook, 05-15-2022
The Feeling of Jazz, Program No. 457 airing May 15, 2022 featured the Jazz Stars playing the Jerome Kern Songbook, that is the compositions of Jerome David Kern (January 27, 1885 – November 11, 1945), in music presented by co-host Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Al Corns featured other main stream jazz artists like Errol Garner, Bud Freeman, Shorty Baker, Buddy Rich and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. The Song is You, Benny Carter, Yesterdays (Clef-Verve), Jerome Kern, 4:06 min.
2. Spring is Here, Errol Garner, The Complete Concert By the Sea (Columbia, 2015), Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart, 5:14 min.
3. I'll Remember April, Erroll Garner, Concert By the Sera (Columbia, 1955), Gene DePaul-Don Raye-Patricia Johnston, 4:23 min.
4. Nobody Else But Me, Stan Getz, Yesterdays (Clef-Verve), Jerome Kern, 3:23 min.
5. Perdido, Bud Freeman-Shorty Baker, Summer Concert 1960 (Swingville, 1960), Duke Ellington, 7:41 min.
6. Dearly Beloved, Sonny Rollins, The Sound of Sonny (Riverside), Jerome Kern, 3:00 min.
7. Norwegian Wood, Buddy Rich, The Best of Buddy Rich (World Pacific, 1969), John Lennon-Paul McCartney, 2:54 min.
8. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Thelonius Monk, Monk, (Prestige), Jerome Kern, 4:30 min.
9. Walk that Walk, Buddy Tate, Swinging Like Tate (Felsted 1958), D. Wells, 8:21 min.
9 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. Long Ago and Far Away, Gene Ammons-Sonny Stitt, Boss Tenors in Orbit (Verve), Jerome Kern, 6:16 min.
2. Mi Compasion, Bunky Green, Playin' For Keeps (Cadet 1956), Edith Green, 4:02 min.
3. A Fine Romance, Buddy DeFranco, The Buddy DeFranco Wailers (Norgran), Jerome Kern, 4:44 min.
4. Blues For Night People, Charlie Byrd, Byrd at the Gate (Riverside, 1963), Charlie Byrd, 6:57 min.
5. Yesterdays, Hampton Hawes, This is Hampton Hawes (Contemporary), Jerome Kern, 4:53 min.
6. Hurricane Connie, Cannonball Adderly, Cannonball (Emarcy, 1955), J. Adderly, 4:12 min.
7. The Way You Look Tonight, Mal Waldron, Mal (Prestige), Jerome Kern, 8:23 min.
8. Blues in C Minor, Modern Jazz Quartet, Blues on Bach (Atlantic, 1974), Milt Jackson, 8:01 min.