The Feeling of Jazz – The Jazz Stars Play the Jerome Kern Songbook-2, 05-22-2022
The Feeling of Jazz, Program No. 458 airing May 22, 2022 featured a second installment of Jazz Stars playing the Jerome Kern Songbook, that is the compositions of Jerome David Kern (January 27, 1885 – November 11, 1945), in music presented by co-host Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Al Corns featured other main stream jazz artists like Jo Jones, Vince Guaraldi, Count Basie and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. All the Things You Are, Tal Farlow, This is Tal Farlow (Verve), Jerome Kern, 3:16 min.
2. Little Susie, Jo Jones, The Essential Jo Jones (Vanguard, 1958), R. Bryant-T. Bryant-J. Jones, 5:19 min.
3. She Didn't Say Yes, Joe Thomas, Alto Attitude (Emarcy), Jerome Kern, 3:11 min.
4. Fly Me to the Moon, Vince Guaraldi, A Boy Named Charlie Brown (Fantasy 1989), Bart Howard, 8:55 min.
5. All the Things You Are, Art Tatum, The Tatum Group Masterpieces (Pablo), Jerome Kern, 7:12 min.
6. Cherry Point, Count Basie, King of Swing (Clef, 1956), Neil Hefti, 4:11 min.
7. Look For the Silver Lining, Paul Desmond, Paul Desmond Quartet/Quintet Featuring Don Elliott (Fantasy, 1956), Jerome Kern, 4:43 min.
8. Dear Kathy, Bennie Golson, Turning Point (Mercury, 1962), Benny Golson, 4:50 min.
9. The Song is You, Terry Gibbs, Terry Gibbs Dream Band (Contemporary), Jerome Kern, 2:35 min.
9 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. Don't Cry Baby, Jimmy McGriff, Blues Groove (Telarc, 1996), James P. Johnson, 6:31 min.
2. Why Was I Born, Jackie McLean; 4, 5 and 6 (Prestige), Jerome Kern, 5:13 min.
3. The Hymn, Cecil Payne, Cecil Payne Performs Charlie Parker Music (Charlie Parker Records, 1961), Charlie Parker, 5:36 min.
4. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Clifford Brown, Clifford Brown with Strings (Emarcy), Jerome Kern, 3:14 min.
5. The Deacon, Count Basie Orchestra, Chairman of the Board (Roulette, 1958), Thad Jones, 4:45 min.
6. The Folks That Live on the Hill, Stan Getz, At Large - Copenhagen (Verve), Jerome Kern, 4:17 min.
7. This is Always, Clark Terry, Everything's Mellow (Moodsville, 1961), Mack Gordon-Harry Warren, 4:51 min.
8. Ol' Man River, Gene Ammons, Jug (Prestige), Jerome Kern, 5:09 min.
9. Touche', Art Blakey Jazz Messengers, Jazz Messengers (Jazztone, 1957), Mal Waldron, 6:10 min.